Ms. Moreno grew up in the housing projects in the South Bronx with her family that emigrated from Puerto Rico. One of her cousins was injured during childbirth as a result of medical malpractice and suffered from cerebral palsy. She learned firsthand the effect that his injuries had upon him and their entire family, both emotionally and financially. This experience led her to become an advocate for those who are injured by the fault of another.
Ms. Moreno’s understanding of the profound impact that accidents have upon individuals and their families, and her unique ability to translate legal concepts of fault and damages to a jury in “everyday” terms have allowed her to achieve substantial results for victims suffering from life altering injuries. Ms. Moreno is also fluent in Spanish, a valuable asset that enables her to effectively advocate for clients who often face language barriers when seeking legal representation.
Ms. Moreno’s track record of numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements is evidence of her dedication to getting her clients the justice they deserve.
In addition to her courtroom successes, Ms. Moreno has held several esteemed and prominent positions, including:
- President, New York State Puerto Rican Bar Association
- President, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Chair, New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- Mayor’s Advisory Committee on the Judiciary
- Chief Administrative Judge Joseph Zayas’ Advisory Committee on Civil Practice
- New York State Court of Appeals Judicial Screening Committee
- Vice-President, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
- Secretary, Brooklyn Bar Association
She has also lectured throughout the state on a wide range of legal topics, including New York State Labor Law and Trial Practice Skills.
Outside the field of Law, Ms. Moreno was a Founding Director at Esquire Bank and served as the Chair of the Governance Committee from 2013-2016. She currently serves on the Esquire Bank Advisory Board.
She is the founding Board Member and Past President of the Brooklyn Bridge Rotary Club and is active in a variety of other charities including the Brooklyn Women’s Club and Luminous Visions.