Protecting the Most Vulnerable Through Legal Action
When you send your child off to school, you expect them to receive a quality education and to return safely home. Unfortunately, many children are injured at school each year. When your child is injured by the very people you trust to protect and guide them, you deserve justice and accountability. If your child was injured at school because of the school’s negligence, the Brooklyn school injuries and negligent supervision lawyers at Avanzino & Moreno, P.C., Attorneys at Law want to help.
Since 1992, the Brooklyn personal injury lawyers with Avanzino & Moreno have provided exceptional legal representation to personal injury victims and their families. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients to date.* Call us today at (718)802-1616 so we can explain your legal rights and options.
How a School Injury and Negligent Supervision Lawyer in Brooklyn Can Help You
Brooklyn school injuries and negligent supervision attorneys defend the rights of accident victims and their families. They can help level the playing field against schools represented by attorneys and insurance companies. Schools are responsible for protecting the children in their care. When they fail to uphold these matters, we can help you hold them accountable.
We can assist you with filing a legal claim and:
- Investigate the accident and identify all parties responsible for it
- Gather evidence to establish liability and the full extent of your damages
- Explain your legal rights and answer any questions you have
- Prepare your notice of claim within the applicable timeframe
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Manage claim paperwork, communications, and deadlines
Types of School Negligence Claims
There are many different ways that children can be harmed at school because of the school’s or its employee’s negligence. Leading types of claims filed against schools include:
- Playground accidents – Children may be injured at school because of defective playground equipment or equipment that children are permitted to play on that is not suitable for their age.
- Classroom accidents – Children may be injured because of classroom experiments that go wrong, trips and falls, or during after-school program activities. New York City teachers must comply with the New York State Board of Education’s safety guidelines. If they violate them, the school may be responsible for the resulting injuries.
- School bus accidents – Driving a school bus can be difficult with many loud children, a wide-turning radius, and many distractions. If a school bus accident occurs, the school can be held responsible.
- Abuse – Unfortunately, some injuries are due to a teacher’s or other school worker’s intentional misconduct, including physical and verbal abuse. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- Negligent supervision – Teachers are required to keep an eye on children in their care. If they don’t, accidents or fights can break out, leading to a child’s preventable injury.
Our school injuries and negligent supervision attorneys in Brooklyn can conduct an exhaustive investigation into the accident and determine how it happened and who can be held liable.
Contact Our School Injuries and Negligent Supervision Lawyers for Your Free, No-Obligation Case Review
If your child was injured at school, do not hesitate to reach out to the dedicated legal team at Avanzino & Moreno, P.C., Attorneys at Law. We have helped children accident victims and their families for over 30 years and we can help you, too.
We serve clients in all five boroughs, and our offices are conveniently located in Brooklyn. We have a diverse, Spanish-speaking team who can assist you through your claim from start to finish. Contact us today for your free case review with an NYC personal injury lawyer.