Rebuilding Trust and Stability After a Construction Site Accident
New York City is in a constant state of construction. Unfortunately, this also means that construction accidents are very common in the city. Construction companies, property owners, and other negligent parties can be held responsible for harming workers.
At Avanzino & Moreno, P.C., Attorneys at Law, we have over 30 years of experience helping New Yorkers recover the compensation they deserve. Our Brooklyn personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients.* We can fight for the fair compensation you’re owed. Call us today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
How a Brooklyn Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you were injured in a construction accident, our dedicated construction accident lawyers in Brooklyn can help by:
- Investigating your accident and identifying all at-fault parties who can be held liable for your injuries
- Gathering compelling evidence to prove fault and establish your damage claim
- Reviewing your legal options, which may include filing a workers’ compensation claim, filing a third-party claim, or both
- Handling communications on your behalf with insurance companies and other parties
- Negotiating fair compensation on your behalf
Our construction accident attorneys in Brooklyn can help through every phase of the case. Contact us today to get started with your claim.
Common Injuries Suffered in Construction Site Accidents
Construction injuries in Brooklyn are often catastrophic because they involve heights, dangerous machinery, or other safety threats. Common injuries construction workers suffer include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Multiple fractures and broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Organ damage and internal injuries
- Chemical exposure and burn injuries
- Eye injuries
- Nerve damage
- Herniated discs and back injuries
- Disfiguring injuries
- Wrongful death
- And more
Complications of Construction Site Injuries
The construction site injuries listed above can lead to significant complications, including:
- Permanent disabilities – Many construction accidents render victims permanently disabled, preventing them from ever being able to work again and possibly requiring long-term care.
- Impairments – Even if not permanently disabling, catastrophic injuries can impair a person’s life, and ability to perform activities of daily living, social relationships, and work activities.
- Loss of function – These injuries can lead to loss of function, such as loss of bladder and bowel control, sexual dysfunction, and loss of gross and fine motor function.
- Pain – Catastrophic injuries can result in chronic pain that negatively impacts the rest of the victim’s life.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
Construction accidents can be caused by many factors, but some of the most common are:
- Not following workplace safety rules and building codes
- Using defective equipment (Product Liability)
- Not providing proper training to workers
- Lack of fall protection equipment or other safety equipment
- Unsafe property conditions (Premises Liability)
- Cluttered worksites
- Tripping hazards (Slip and Fall Accidents)
Our construction accident attorneys in Brooklyn can conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident and identify who is responsible for it.
Contact Our Construction Accident Lawyers in Brooklyn for Assistance
If you were injured in a construction accident, you deserve to receive fair compensation you will need to pay for your future medical care, make up for your lost income, and compensate for your pain and suffering. You should not have to shoulder the financial burden caused by someone else.
At Avanzino & Moreno, P.C., Attorneys at Law, we proudly represent New Yorkers in all five boroughs. Contact us today for your free case review to speak with a Brooklyn construction accident lawyer about your options for recovery.