Holding Property Owners Responsible for Their Negligence
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in NYC, you need legal representation from an experienced firm that doesn’t back down. With more than 30 years of experience helping slip and fall accident victims, you know you can trust us.
The Brooklyn slip and fall attorneys at Avanzino & Moreno, P.C., Attorneys at Law have seen it all. We know how these accidents occur, who is responsible for them, and how much compensation can be recovered for accident victims. Turn to our skilled personal injury lawyers in Brooklyn for legal guidance and representation. Contact us today to take advantage of a free case review.
How Our Slip and Fall Lawyers In Brooklyn Can Help
At Avanzino & Moreno, P.C., Attorneys at Law, we work closely with personal injury victims, helping guide them through the claims process and fighting for the compensation they deserve. When you hire our team, you can trust us to:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident – We can quickly deploy an investigative team to determine how the accident occurred and who is responsible. We can also take steps to preserve evidence that is vital to your claim.
- Gather evidence – We can help you meet your burden of proof by gathering valuable evidence in your case, including video surveillance, photos of the hazards that caused your accident, medical records, personnel records, and maintenance records.
- Provide sound legal advice – During this difficult time, you need to be able to focus on your recovery. Our legal team can take the burden of the claim off your shoulders while providing you with sound legal advice during every stage of the process.
- Accurately assess your damages – Accident victims often underestimate the value of their claims and settle for less than they deserve because they only pay attention to their short-term losses. Our team can evaluate the full extent of your damages, including any need for ongoing medical treatment and any effect on your long-term earning capacity.
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf – We rely on over 30 years of experience representing accident victims to inform us of the potential value of your case and the likelihood of success in the courtroom. This information lets us negotiate from a position of strength, often allowing our clients to recover the compensation they deserve without dealing with the stress of a trial.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slips and falls can be caused by various factors, but some of the most common culprits include:
- Wet or slippery floors
- Loose tiles or floorboards
- Uneven flooring
- Broken or missing handrails
- A buildup of water
- Insufficient lighting
- Exposed cords
What Is the Difference in a Slip and Fall and Trip and Fall Accident?
The terms “slip and fall” and “trip and fall” are often used interchangeably, but they are different. A slip and fall occurs when a person slips, usually on a slippery surface, and then falls. For example, a grocery store customer might slip on a puddle of water. In contrast, a trip and fall occurs when someone trips over an object and is unable to bring their other leg forward in time to prevent the fall. For example, a department store customer may trip on an object left in the middle of an aisle and fall down.
Contact a Brooklyn Slip and Fall Lawyer From Avanzino & Moreno, P.C., Attorneys at Law for Help
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in NYC, turn to a firm that has already secured hundreds of millions of dollars in recovery for our clients. Our slip and fall attorneys in Brooklyn can provide a free case review and work on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose. Call us today to get started.